Some mornings demand donuts! My mother and sister came over to help me make some blankets for my little one. So obviously I needed to bake something delicious. These little things did the trick.
Gluten free Madagascar Vanilla Bourbon Donuts with a Cinnamon Maple Glaze
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp xanathan gum
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tblsp coconut oil
- 1 tblsp Madagascar Vanilla Bourbon extract (if you can’t find this use regular vanilla extract)
- 2 cup confectioner sugar
- 1/4 milk
- 2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup * if you didn’t have the bourbon vanilla extract feel free to add a tsp of bourbon into your icing.
- Add all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl and whisk them. *make sure you melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds or so. Don’t add it into the egg until it has cooled otherwise you will get scrambled eggs.
- In a separate bowl whisk all of the dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet in incriments. Don’t over mix the batter or you will get really dense donuts and no one wants that.
- Prepare donut pan (I used a mini pan) by spraying it with coconut oil or if you’d like you can use butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon the batter into a pastry bag or ziplock bag with the tip cut off and pipe the batter into the donut pan.
- Bake for 8 mins or until donuts feel firm but still stringy when you press down on them with your finger.
- Let donuts cool on a rack while you prepare your glaze. Put a piece of aluminum foil under rack.
- Add all glaze ingredients together in a bowl and mix until glossy. Dip top and bottom of each donut in glaze and place them back on the rack.